Communities of Practice - Industry Adapted Skills Group (T-Group)
Official dates and times are set!
- Launch Session (4 hours): November 4th, 2019, from 1-5pm
- Monthly Sessions (3 hours): Third Mondays, from 2:30-5:30pm starting on December 16th, 2019
We still have space for 4 more!Join us for PNODN’s newest Community of Practice. The Skill Group (T-Group) was the genesis of OD! The Skill Group (T-Group) expands one’s skills in positively impacting any client group through greater self-awareness, authenticity, and understanding of group process. The Industry Adapted T-Group in this community of practice has been applied with thousands in manufacturing, software, non-profits, etc. The T-Group was invented in 1946 to deal with interracial tensions.
Read paper - Why Organization Development (OD) Consultants Need To Be In T-Groups
How this is different from your typical group-process learning experience?
- This practice group is mostly about deepening skills through practice vs just study. Each session will include some theory, normally coupled with skill practice, and followed by a unique industry adapted T-Group.
- The skills explored in this group are beyond just how to lead and or facilitate a group... they are also the skills in how to be authentic to both self and community in real time, as a participant in any group (i.e. across sectors, industries, etc), regardless of official role. This is a hands-on learning experience designed to help you grow your skills as an authentic and creative presence in a group whether you have an official role of authority or not.
- This group is about stretching group-process skills in all aspects of group dynamics, including tension, conflict, etc.
- This COP will support you in deepening not only your self-awareness, but also your awareness of self-as-member-of-a-group, and further, expand your capacity to contribute to the any group’s deeper “group awareness”.
Why join us for this unique and special learning opportunity?
Today’s professional and cultural dynamics are inviting us into deeper competence with group-process. Yet most of our systems lack models of healthy and thriving group dynamics - especially when conflict and seemingly divergent viewpoints arise. This group is about taking our skills beyond “leadership and facilitation techniques” and into the terrain of profound self-awareness in terms of how we intend to show up and how we actually do. In this unique and highly focused space, we will hone and refine our capacity to show up as we intend to our most authentic self as group contributor.Logistics:
We will meet for one half-day orientation session and launch the group. We will then establish the schedule to meet for 3 hours once a month for 6 months.
This community of practice is limited to 12 participants. Sign up now to ensure your spot!
About Your Instructor/facilitator
Chris Crosby is the President of the Board at PNODN. He is also a consultant and author of three recent books, Strategic Organizational Alignment, published in 2017, and Strategic Engagement Volumes One and Two, out this year. He is first and foremost a practitioner with internal and external experience. He has held an adjunct faculty position at Saybrook University/Leadership Institute of Seattle and guest faculty at Martin University in Indianapolis.
Chris is an expert in systems thinking applied to the workplace. He uses his unique understanding of systems thinking and authority in the workplace to create organization alignment, implementation structures, and people processes for various forms of organization change. He also develops leadership programs for various clients. His programs utilize a unique industry adapted Skills Training Group (T-Group) as his primary experiential learning method to train leaders to engage their workforce in such a way that builds ownership, alignment and ultimately better business results.
$275 Members/Students when pre-paid & per-registered
$440 Non members
Walk ins are not allowed for communities of practice.We are not able to offer refunds after the Wednesday prior to the training. Substitutions are welcome.
Please Note - Our first session will be 4 hrs but the actual date and start time will be determined when the class fills. The below start times are not actual. The length is correct.
7:30 - 8:00 am - Arrival, Registration & Opening
8:00 – noon - Beginning Session
Please be aware that our training's could be recorded or photographed.
Online registration closes two days prior to the first session or when the community of practice is full.
Consider joining PNODN - members savings over the course of the year are substantial!