An Evening with Fred Miller
This training will be conducted live via Zoom.
In his latest co-authored book; Dialogic OD in Action; Fred Miller, Monica Biggs, and Judith Katz share their experience using “change champions” for cultural transformation, rapidly changing the core narratives in an organization that shifts day-to-day conversations, actions, decisions in positive directions and organization performance. For over five decades, the authors of this powerful new book have helped organizations, large and small, transform their cultures to be more inclusive and made leveraging diversity a strength.
Organizational questions and challenges as we move through this next period of the 21st century -
1. Are we getting close to when the wall of the silos will finally fall so that organizations have more flow?
2. The evolution of the “suits”…The “Organization Man”. What is needed from leaders today and in the future to enable organizations to get different? Is it finally time for leaders to be leaders of people where the people are their main focus?
3. How many more decades are we going to be talking about diversity and leveraging that diversity as a goal that we have yet to achieve?
4. How do you maintain the “glue” that is needed for individual, team, and organization high
performance in a time when there is increased polarization, cancel culture, working from home, and hybrid work?
5. How do we make cultural change happen faster?
- Discuss some of the challenges in organizations that Leaders are facing as they are trying to make organizational transformation.
- Given the times that we are living in, and the challenges individuals and organizations are facing, discuss how much change agents should push.
- Given Herb Shepard's rules for change agents, to hear what people are doing to "stay alive".
About Your Presenter
A frequent and much sought-after speaker at international conferences and author of more than 100 articles in journals such as The OD Practitioner, HR Professional, Chief Learning Officer, and Executive Excellence, Fred was managing editor of the classic The Promise of Diversity (1994, Irwin), and co-author, with Judith H. Katz, of The Inclusion Breakthrough: Unleashing the Real Power of Diversity (2002, Berrett-Koehler), Be BIG: Step Up, Step Out, Be Bold (2008, Berrett-Koehler), Opening Doors to Teamwork and Collaboration: 4 Keys that Change EVERYTHING (2013, Berrett-Koehler), and Safe Enough to Soar: Accelerating Trust, Inclusion, and Collaboration in the Workplace (2018, Berret-Koehler).
As CEO and Lead Strategist of The Kaleel Jamison Consulting Group, Inc.—named one of Consulting magazine’s “Seven Small Jewels” in 2010—Fred specializes in developing workforce utilization strategies that accelerate results to deliver higher individual, team, and organizational performance. A pioneering change agent and thought leader in the field of organization development, his experience includes partnering with organizations to accelerate growth, enhance bottom-line results, and work through turnaround situations, as well as positioning leaders for success in start-ups, entrepreneurial ventures, and transitioning from founder-led companies to the next generation of leadership.
Zoom meeting will get sent directly upon registration.
$15 Members when pre-paid & pre-registered
$25 Non members when pre-paid & pre-registered
$10 for students/seniors pre-registered
6:00 – 6:15 pm Join Zoom, Networking
6:15 – 7:45 pm Presentation
Please be aware that our meetings could be recorded or photographed.
Online registration closes the Sunday prior to the meeting. PNODN welcomes and encourages walk ins at the door where the walk in rates will be:
Consider joining PNODN - members can save up to $10 per meeting - that's up to a $90 savings for the year.